The Data Processing Specialist is responsible for accurately and timely processing of cash receipts, including opening mail, entering donations in CPM’s donor management software, scanning source pieces, making bank deposits both manually and via bank check scanner, checking the work of others, and processing credit card donations.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Julia Sedaca at [email protected].
Data Processing Specialist Particulars
Location of Service: Applicant must work in our headquarters in New York, NY.
Hours of Service: 15-20 per week/part-time position, able to discuss with applicant’s schedule.
Starting Salary: $15-$16.50 per/hour (based on experience).
Character and Spiritual Life
- This is a position within a Christian/Messianic ministry. This individual should have a close walk with the Lord, thus leading to a high level of moral character and faith as outlined in Scripture.
- As Paul writes to Timothy, “Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you” (1Tim. 4:16).
- They should be part of a local church/congregation.
- Attendance at the weekly department chapel gathering is also expected.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The Role of a Chosen People Ministries Staff Member
The overarching task of every Chosen People Ministries staff member is to fulfill the Chosen People Ministries mission statement: “to pray for, evangelize, disciple, and serve Jewish people everywhere and to help fellow believers do the same.”
Founded in 1894, Chosen People Ministries reaches the Jewish community globally for Jesus the Messiah.
- Opening and sorting mail donations, using adding machine to calculate control totals for each batch, entering donations in CPM’s donor management software, checking the work of others, and preparing and making bank deposits moth manually and via bank check scanner.
- Achieve daily data entry goal of 500 points each.
- Organize and enter Church Meeting reports.
- Enter non-donation responses we receive, indicating the type of response received.
- Enter change of address notifications and undeliverable mail that was returned to us.
- Answer incoming calls from donors, and record donations, literature orders, handle information requests, etc., delegating complex/unusual issues to other team members/supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A desire and God-given burden to serve our Lord in reaching the Jewish people with the gospel, along with spiritual sensitivity
- Prior hands-on experience with a Donor Management System helpful
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft products, emailing, office equipment, etc.
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated, and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately is a must
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and flexibility with regard to workload and assignments
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The Data Processing Specialist needs to be able to walk up/down two flights of stairs to/from the building’s entrance to/from the work area.
- This position is 100% in the office (no remote work option).