A Gift Annuity is an agreement between you and Chosen People Ministries. You transfer cash or securities to Chosen People Ministries and, in return, receive fixed payments for the rest of your life. You can even name someone else the beneficiary of a gift annuity.
- Your payment amount is fixed, and guaranteed for life.
- Generally, the older you are when your gift annuity begins, the higher your payment rate. This is because a portion of your gift will be returned to you over your life expectancy.
- Payments to match your schedule: monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually (or even deferred for a few years!)
- Chosen People Ministries is legally obligated to make payments to you for as long as you live (or the person you’ve designated to receive payments).
- A portion of your guaranteed annual payments are tax-free. As with the amount of your payments, the older you are, the greater the tax free percentage of each payment.
- You receive a federal income tax deduction in the year you make the gift.
- For gifts of publicly traded securities, you will partially avoid capital gains tax.
How can I get more information?
Please contact our Planned Giving department by e-mailing us, calling 212-223-2252,
or writing to us at Chosen People Ministries, 241 East 51st Street, New York, NY 10022.