Tzimmes (TSIM-ess) is one of those Jewish dishes that doesn’t sound good when reading the ingredients, but one taste of this gooey, sticky, roasted vegetable dish will have you wanting more! The sweetness of this dish reminds us of the sweetness of redemption.
8 carrots, chopped
2 yellow onions, chopped
2 turnips, chopped
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
8 ounces apple juice
8 ounces dried apricots, chopped
1 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the apple juice, honey, salt, pepper, and tarragon and simmer in a small pot.
3. Place the vegetables and apricots in a 4-inch deep casserole dish.
4. Pour the honey and juice mixture over the vegetable/ apricot mixture.
5. Cover and cook in oven at 350°F for 90 minutes.
6. Remove cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Serve.