The administrative assistant—Chicago works closely with the vice president (VP) of marketing and communications and the Midwest regional director (RD) in Chicago to provide high-level project management and administrative support. The role is split between assisting the two leadership positions above mentioned.
The following sections detail the essential functions and details of the administrative assistant role in Chicago.
a) provide assistance to the VP of marketing and communications
- schedule and record meetings pertinent to projects lead by the VP
- produce monthly project reports pertaining to marketing and communications
- develop monthly reports related to travel and/or administrative expenses
- assist the VP with email management and communication
- collaborate in managing and coordinating projects lead by the VP
- provide help with digital files and folder recording
- manage online and computer software corresponding to staff and project management
b) provide assistance to the Midwest regional director
- assist in communication and scheduling between the RD and ministry stakeholders
- perform various clerical and administrative functions pertinent to the Midwest and other national projects
- help in the administration of local and other events
- assist in document and digital program management and facilitation
- coordinate meetings virtually and in person
- occasional cursory research for events and management
- communication Proficiency
- time management
- collaboration skills
- personal effectiveness/credibility
- technical capacity
- stress management/composure
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The administrative assistant—Chicago is a part-time position at twenty-eight hours a week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm with a half-hour lunch break. Hours are flexible with pre-approval. Remote/in-office flexibility.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Email management tools (Outlook, Gmail)
- Web browser knowledge
- Three years of experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree
- Project management
- Biblical knowledge
Part-time positions do not have access to Chosen People Ministries health benefits.
Personal Time Off and Sick Days
Part-time positions do not have access to paid personal time off (PTO) or sick days. Should the employee need to be absent for periods of time, their supervisor must approve those days beforehand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions described above.
Character and Spiritual Life
The administrative assistant—Chicago is a position within a Christian/Messianic ministry and therefore, the individual is expected to maintain the highest level of moral character and faith as outlined in Scripture. The position requires the individual to agree and abide by Chosen People Ministries’ statement of faith, which can be provided upon request.
Hourly pay rate: $18-$22 depending on experience.