Brisket is always a favorite at Passover season. In fact my family would always prepare a roast brisket for the Passover Seder. Here is the recipe my grandma used, my mom used, and now I use.
1 – 6 lb. whole beef brisket
10 cloves garlic, smashed
2 yellow onions (sliced)
4 carrots (sliced)
1-16 oz. can of tomato puree
1-16 oz. can of beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat a sauté pan on high for 2 minutes and sear the brisket on each side for 3 minutes.
- Place sliced onions and carrots in a large roasting pan and set the brisket on top
- Coat the brisket with the smashed garlic and tomato puree
- Cover pan and slowly cook the brisket for 90 minutes
- When meat is done, remove from pan and let sit for 30 minutes
- Slice the meat against the grain in ¼ inch slices and serve with the onions and carrots
- Reduce remaining tomato broth till thick and pour over the meat