Download Sunday School Lessons
The biblical holidays point to Jesus the Messiah and are fulfilled in Him. Learning about the Jewish roots of our Christian faith can deepen our relationship with God, and studying how Jewish people celebrated the feasts in biblical times and today can help us share the Good News of Messiah Jesus with our Jewish friends.
In these lessons, you will learn about:
– Passover, which celebrates the exodus of the Jewish people from their bondage in Egypt under Pharaoh.
– Shavuot (Feast of Weeks), commemorating the time when Moses received the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai, as well as the first wheat harvest of the spring in Israel.
– Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year), in which we reflect on our lives, ask forgiveness and thank the Lord for providing His Son to die in our place.
– Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), in which we acknowledge the seriousness of our sins, but rejoice in the atonement provided by Messiah Jesus.
– Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles), during which we celebrate God’s provision for all our needs.
– Advent, in which we remember the anticipation of Messiah’s first coming and look forward to His return.